REPORTING AN ANIMAL AT LARGE
If you are reporting an animal that is on the freeway, sick or injured, aggressive, on school grounds, or any situation where an animal is a threat to public safety, please call (775) 322-3647(DOGS). These are high priority calls and require our immediate attention.
Washoe County Ordinance 55.460 - Animal at Large
It is unlawful for any animal, except cats, to be at large within the congested areas
NOTE: While we strongly discourage this, cats are permitted to be at large. Animal Services does not pick up cats unless they are injured, sick or have bitten someone.
If you are reporting an animal that is at large, please include the following information:
- Location of the animal. (street or nearest landmark)
- Description of animal (white poodle, brown horse etc)
- Direction of travel (west bound on 1st St.)
- The time you observed the animal
- Was the animal wearing a collar or anything else that would help identify it?
Please include your contact information so an officer can contact you if necessary.
Notice: All reports are subject to public records request.