|Taxpayers Bill of Rights|
|Washoe County Assessor|
AS A PROPERTY TAXPAYER YOU POSSESS CERTAIN RIGHTS.
You have the right:
- To an Assessor`s Office with an "open door" policy.
- To a just and equitable assessment of your property, conducted in accordance with Nevada statutes and the regulations of the Nevada Tax Commission.
- To prompt and courteous attention from the Assessor`s Office whenever you have a question concerning any aspect of your appraisal.
- To complete details that set forth the Assessor`s procedures for assessing your property, including a copy of your appraisal records; and sales and other data upon which your appraisal is based.
- To due process through appeals to the County Board of Equalization, the State Board of Equalization and the court system if you feel your appraisal is incorrect.
- To annual notification of property values upon reappraisal.
- To request the Assessor’s Office present seminars to advise and inform property owners of current assessment procedures.
- To have the Assessor`s Office be an advocate to the Legislature on behalf of Taxpayers.
- To have direct access to the Assessor who will participate in the review of Taxpayer concerns.
- To be treated with dignity and respect in all interactions with the Assessor’s Office.
If your opinion of the value of your property differs from the Assessor’s, please contact our office and discuss the matter. We will be glad to answer your questions about the appraisal and explain how to appeal if we cannot come to an agreement.