MILITARY CHAPLAIN APPLICATIONS AND FORMS
For military chaplains in the Armed Forces of the United States stationed in Nevada. The application must be accompanied by proof of military status and current assignment as a military chaplain.
A temporary certificate of permission may be obtained for a local applicant filling in for another Chaplain in the U.S. Armed Forces authorized to perform marriages during an absence for a period not to exceed 90 days.
NRS 122 provides that a licensed, ordained or appointed minister, other church or religious official authorized to solemnize a marriage, active or retired, may submit to the county clerk in the county in which a marriage is to be performed an application to perform a specific marriage in the county. A separate Application and Certificate of Permission is required for each marriage performed. No more than five marriages may be performed in this state in any calendar year.
Any change of address for a minister or other religious official requires completion of a Religious Change of Address form. Please notify us of address changes on the appropriate form and return it to the address listed to the left. Certificate holders will need to reapply if they change to a new church or religious organization.
The religious organization with which a minister or other church or religious official authorized to solemnize marriage is affiliated must submit an Affidavit of Removal of Authority to Solemnize Marriages within five (5) days following any one or more of the occurrences listed below:
- If minister or other person authorized to solemnize marriages is no longer in good standing as herein stated;
- If minister or other person authorized to solemnize marriages has ceased to be a member of the church or religious organization;
- If minister or other person authorized to solemnize marriages has ceased to be a minister or other person authorized to solemnize marriages of the church or religious organization;
- If minister or other person authorized to solemnize marriages moves his/her residence from Washoe County;
- If the aforementioned church or religious organization changes address or location; or
- If the church or religious organization is dissolved or otherwise terminated or changes its existence.