Washoe County Antibiogram 2013
* Enterococcus faecalis and Enterococcus faecium
** Data from Washoe County Health District's surveillance project
*** The number of isolates in 2013 was under 30 therefore not reported. Keep this 2012 data for a reference as well as for future report preparation convenience.
To read this antibiogram:
- Each organism is presented with the susceptibility in percent to that antibiotic and the number of isolates tested for that specific antibiotic.
- Susceptibility greater than or equal to 90% is highlighted in light GREEN, 60%-89% in YELLOW, and less than 60% in RED.
- Nitrofurantoin is tested for urine specimens only.
- The susceptibility result for Streptococcus pneumoniae is a combination of screening test and E-test results.
- CLSI performance standards for antimicrobial susceptibility testing were applied. CLSI stands for Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute (Formerly NCCLS, The National Committee for Clinical Laboratory Standards).
- Antibiotics not showing for an organism represent that susceptibility testing for that specific organism is not recommended or complete testing data was not available or number is too small for a valid reporting.
Acknowledgements (In alphabetic order)
- Northern Nevada Medical Center Laboratory
- Renown Regional Medical Center Laboratory
- St. Mary's Regional Medical Center Laboratory
- Veteran's Affairs Medical Center Laboratory (Reno)
This publication was supported by the Nevada Division of Public and Behavioral Health (NDPBH) through Grant Number 3U50CK000419-01S1 from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Its contents are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official views of the NDPBH nor the CDC.