Stay Informed...Stay Healthy!
Public Health Preparedness Program
The public health preparedness program is responsible for coordinating activities relating to public health emergency preparedness and response.
What do we do?
- Conduct disease surveillance and outbreak investigations
- Provide training for the healthcare community and other partners on topics related to public health emergencies, such as bioterrorism.
- Provide accurate and up-to-date information to residents and visitors of our community through our Web site and the local media
- Participate in drills and exercises to test our ability to respond to an emergency
- Write plans that will guide the health department's response to a public health emergency
- Conduct training for our Washoe County Health District employees on those plans
- Provide free online trainings
Are You Ready? A list of items to include in your Emergency Supply Kit
Bee Prepared - A list of items to include in your Emergency Supply Kit
Family Disaster Preparedness: A Six Month Guide to Planning
Family Emergency Health And Contact Information
Washoe County Health District
1001 East Ninth Street
P.O. Box 11130Reno, NV 89520-0027