For Immediate Release
Reno, Nevada. May 9, 2013. Washoe County's Department of Social Services (WCDSS) will host the Friday, May 10, 2013 Foster Parent Appreciation Dinner at the Boys and Girls Club, and the Have a Heart Adoption Fair at the Lazy 5 Park Saturday, May 11. May is Foster Parent Appreciation Month.
Foster Parent Appreciation Dinner
- WHAT: The Foster Parent Appreciation Dinner will feature a video made with testimonies from adults and children who have been in foster care and the Years of Service awards presented by WCDSS Director Kevin Schiller. Foster parents will receive gifts and raffle prizes and the theme is “Essential Piece.”
- WHERE: Boys and Girls Club, 2680 East Ninth St., Reno
- WHEN: Friday, May 10, 2013, 6 p.m.-8 p.m.
Families can also learn more about foster care and adoption and fulfill the orientation requirement of the Foster/Adoption Training program this Saturday.
Have a Heart Foster Care and Adoption Fair
- WHAT: The Have a Heart Foster Care and Adoption Fair will feature information, snacks and fun for participants. Children are welcome.
- WHEN: 10 a.m.-noon, Saturday, May 11, 2013
- WHERE: Lazy 5 Park in the Cottonwood room, 7100 Pyramid Hwy, Sparks
For more information on either event, please call (775) 337-4470.