For Immediate Release
Reno, Nevada. June 3, 2013. Washoe County’s Lazy 5 Regional Park in Spanish Springs will kick off its ninth annual free Wednesday evening concert series June 12 featuring Motown R&B with Escalade. Due to exceptional support from the community, this summer’s series has been expanded to 12 concerts and will close out August 28 with a special performance by the Bystanders with Katy Simon.
All concerts begin at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday evenings at the Lazy 5 Regional Park at 7100 Pyramid Way. Patrons can enjoy a free hamburger or hot dog courtesy of the series’ sponsor, Summit Christian Church, and raffle prizes will be offered during every show. For more information, call (775) 823-6500.
Lazy 5 Concert line-up:
- June 12: Motown R&B with Escalade
- June 19: Jazz by First Take featuring Rick Metz
- June 26: An evening of Traditional Irish Music with Blarney
- July 3: A Tribute to Cheap Trick by Cheap Lick
- July 10: Classic Rock with Paisley Braincells
- July 17: Western Ragtime by CW & Mr. Spoons
- July 24: Blues and R&B with Guitar Woody & The Boilers
- July 31: Bluegrass, Folk, & Cowboy with The Mountain Girls
- August 7: Alternative Country by The Refiners
- August 14: Americana, Blues & Boogie with Colin Ross Band
- August 21: Celtic, Bluegrass & Contemporary by Contraband
- August 28: The Bystanders with Katy Simon
Lazy 5 will also open the Gaspari Water Play Park Thursday, June 6:
What: The water play park offers 20 water features which include a giant sunflower, spilling buckets and a water tower. The recreation area also has park benches, picnic tables, a concession area and covered pavilions.
Where: Lazy 5 Regional Park, 7100 Pyramid Highway in Spanish Springs
Cost & Hours: Daily Admission $3.00, and free for those under 3 or over 61, June 6-August 11, Wednesday through Sunday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. and open weekends August 17 through Labor Day 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Call (775) 823-6500 for more information.
Summit Christian Church is the series sponsor with program sponsors Western Village, NV Energy