For Immediate Release
Reno, Nevada. Dec. 4, 2013. The Washoe County Regional Parks and Open Space Office is moving to the Washoe County Administration Complex at 1001 East Ninth Street in Reno next week.
“We are excited about our new location for many reasons,” said Dave Solaro, Acting Director of the Community Services Department. “After more than 20 years in the Parks Administrative offices located on 2601 Plumas Street, we are disappointed to leave; however, customers will have more access to our services since the new location is just one block off of Interstate 80 where parking is plentiful. This move will increase our service availability and allow us to be much more accessible to citizens.
The County Complex is home to the County Commissioners, County Manager, Recorder, Assessor, Treasurer, Registrar of Voters, Business Licenses, Health District, County Clerk and many other departments. The relocation to the Complex will create more of a “one-stop” shopping experience for citizens and visitors to Washoe County.
- WHAT: Washoe County Regional Parks Office moving Friday, Dec. 13
- WHERE: Washoe County Administration Complex, 1001 East Ninth Street, Building A, Second Floor (end of hallway at Community Services Department)
- WHEN: Dec. 13, 2013
- Regional Parks & Open Space services offered: park facility & picnic shelter reservations, general park information, park photography permits, park planning (parkland easements, park master plans, park design and construction, trail information), park special event/activity requests
Washoe County Regional Parks and Open Space contact information:
- Office: 1001 East Ninth Street, Reno, NV 89520
- Mail: P.O. Box 11130, Reno, NV 89520
- Phone: (775) 328-3600
- Park Reservations: (775) 823-6501
- Reservations Fax: (775) 829-8014
- Office Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Web: www.washoecountyparks.com