For Immediate Release
Reno. Nevada. Aug. 28, 2014. Most Washoe County administrative offices will be closed for Labor Day.
The following will be closed:
- Administrative offices at the Washoe County Complex on Ninth Street in Reno.
- Washoe County Senior Services and the congregate meal sites
- All Washoe County libraries will be closed Monday, Sept. 1 in observance of Labor Day. The following libraries will also be closed Tuesday, Sept. 2: Duncan/Traner, Incline Village, North Valleys, Northwest Reno, Senior Center, Sierra View, South Valleys, Verdi and Sparks. The Downtown Reno library and the Spanish Springs library will be open Tuesday. Please go to http://www.washoecountylibrary.us/ to place a hold, renew a checkout, download eBooks, research databases and more.
- The Washoe County District Court.
- The Washoe County District Attorney’s Office.
Regional Animal Services Shelter Operations and Office will be closed but field operations will continue as normal.
The following will be open:
- The Washoe County Sheriff’s Office reception/front desk.
- The office of the County Clerk at the Washoe County Complex on Ninth Street and Wells Avenue in Reno will remain open throughout the holiday from 8 a.m. to midnight for the issuance of marriage licenses, fictitious firm names and notary bond filings, as well as property tax payments for the Treasurer’s Office.