For Immediate Release
What: Washoe County Library System (WCLS) is hosting three public meetings as part of a Facility Master Plan Update.
When: Tuesday October 21, 7:00 p.m. (first of three). Media interviews at 6:30 p.m.
Where: Sparks Library, 1125 12th Street, Sparks
Who: Washoe County Library System along with Collaborative Design Studios
Additional Information: WCLS has engaged Collaborative Design Studio to develop an updated Master Facilities Plan. WCLS seeks input from the public as to what are the most important servcies that libraries provide, or the most important needs that libraries meet. The plan will address needs in both the short term and long term and will include recommendations on the following:
- Changes in the current configuration of branches: locations, hours of operation, possible consolidation, service mix
- Renovation and remodeling projects in existing libraries
- Locations for new libraries and other types of service points, such as kiosks
- Programmatic design for both existing and future library facilities
- Operational sytsem such as materials handling
The objective of these meetings is to ensure that the library is responding to public demand as it plans for serving the Washoe County community in the future.
Library Director, Arnie Maurins, will be available for interviews prior to the public meeting at 6:30 p.m. at Sparks Library on Tuesday, October 21st.
Open Washoe County is collecting similar information through November 9, 2014. http://www.washoecounty.us/index/openwashoe.html