About the Manager's Office
Washoe County Manager's Office
1001 E. 9th Street, #A201
Reno, NV 89512
PO Box 11130, Attn: Manager's Office
Reno, NV, 89520
Mission: The mission of the Washoe County Manager’s Office is to provide leadership in support of citizens, the Board of County Commissioners, and the employees of Washoe County.
Below is a list of employees in the Manager's Office. To find out more about an employee, click his or her name, if underlined, and a profile and/or photo will appear in the pane to the right. A full description of the divisions and programs within the Manager's Office is provided below.
As chief executive for Washoe County, the County Manager serves as liaison between the Board of County Commissioners and elected and appointed department directors, other governmental jurisdictions, community and business groups, employees, and county customers. The Manager’s Office facilitates presentation of issues to the Board for their consideration, and the Manager’s staff ensures effective implementation of direction given by the BCC. As with some other departments, the roles of this department are split between different functions of government including:
- The Administrative Division provides planning, strategy, financial management, as well as all personnel support to the Department and the Commission.
- The Communications and Engagement Division develops strategic communications for internal and external stakeholders in Washoe County encouraging participation in county government and facilitates issue management to the benefit of the community and the county.
- The Internal Audit Division conducts performance audits to assess departmental functions and processes to determine if they are achieving their intended purposes and doing so in an economical manner. Compliance audits are conducted to ensure that internal controls sufficient to ensure integrity and accuracy in financial processing and reporting are established and followed.
- The Management Services Division oversees the following programs:
- The Constituent Services Program provides support to the public, citizen groups, County Commissioners, and county management and staff, by representing Washoe County throughout the community. The program endeavors to promote superior customer responsiveness and two-way communication about County issues and programs between County Commissioners, staff and citizens. The program works to resolve concerns involving county government, explain county programs and serve as liaison between our departments and the public.provides research, analysis and project management service to the County Manager, staff support to various County committees and advisory boards, administrative support to Management Services Programs, and support for the County Commissioners as requested.
- Government Affairs Program manages issues of impact on Washoe County and promotes the County’s interests at the federal, state, regional, and local levels.
- Emergency Management and Homeland Security Program maintains emergency management plans for Washoe County with the participation of local, county, state and federal agencies and organizations. The program arranges training and exercises to test emergency plans, coordinates the Washoe County Crisis Action Team; provides administrative support to the Local Emergency Planning Committee, administers State/Federal Homeland Security/Emergency Management Grants; and manages the Regional Emergency Operations Center (REOC).
- Management and Budget Program identifies revenues from multiple sources available to Washoe County to fund operations, capital improvements, special programs, and debt. In partnership with departments, they prepare annual spending plans to utilize those revenues within constraints prescribed by the BCC, and state and federal law. The program provides leadership and coordination for grants by planning and coordinating a County-wide grant management program, providing technical assistance to departments to ensure compliance with grant requirements, and increasing grant funding to Washoe County. The program also coordinates strategic planning for the organization, assists with strategic planning for departments within the county, and provides research, analysis and project management service to the County Manager and the Board of County Commissioners.