What is a Child and Family Team Meeting?
- A Child and Family Team (CFT) Meeting is designed to bring together famliy members and others to share information that relates to the protection and safety of your child.
- A trained, skilled facilitator leads the CFT meeting and maintains a safe enrironment by acting as a neutral team member. The facilitator's main responsibility is to help team members use the strengths within the family to develop a safe plan for the child. The plan must then be approved by the team members.
- Your Child and Family Team, which includes your case worker, will help implement the plan developed by the team members.
- The CFT is a springboard for next steps, referrals and other meetings.
- The meeting typically lasts 1 - 1 1/2 hours.